Well, as my second trimester draws to a close, I thought I’d write a bit about the past 27ish (21 of which I knew I was prego..)weeks.
My. Goodness. I feel like this pregnancy really is almost the polar opposite of how I felt during my other one. Sure I was still obsessed with not getting stretch-marks and have had some nervous moments… Last night I tried to remember life with a newbie and was having trouble falling asleep thinking about how I would handle it. How will Evan be? He will be in his big boy bed, will I have two babies trying to cuddle at night? How did I handle burping? Did I nurse and burp him in the middle of the night.. I don’t remember!? How could I forget these things? I wonder if Hector would be just as helpful and wonderful as he was the first time. Does he even know HOW grateful I was for his love and support? Needless to say I just couldn’t turn my brain off. Sure the questions weren’t the same but I did have several nervous nights during my first pregnancy… I also think this is totally normal. So last night I looked at my peacefully snoring husband, took a deep breath and said to myself “Just like you did last time, one day at a time.”
How my pregnancy is different with baby 2:
1. My body. Hands down, has stretched in different ways. Overall I’ve gained LESS (from my starting weight, albeit was higher than my starting weight with Evan, I had just done marathon training… and wasn’t as focused on weight training as I was this time around) than with Evan so far, yet things do not fit like they did with Evan. My hips/thighs have absolutely widened, and they seem fuller even though Hector swears they aren’t (he lies.. haha). Like Evan, most people are surprised when I tell them how far along I am, yet I feel much larger this time but I think that has to do with what my hips/thighs are doing. With this, I’ve actually bought a few maternity items this time around which I didn’t do with Evan either. With Evan I literally was wearing my clothes to work at 40 weeks, likely why I felt so much smaller with him. This time, not so much. One thing I must say is maternity wear is so much more comfortable. *sigh* I don’t think I’ll ever be good at body changes. This is something I struggle with about 80% of my day and REALLY need to stop.
2. Energy. I can’t remember exactly how energy worked last time but I am really really really tired… Pretty much all the time. I don’t know if because I didn’t have a two year old to run around after or a whole house to take care of or WHAT but I’m tired all the time (did I say that yet?). Doesn’t matter how much sleep I get, what I eat, if I workout… Nothing helps. I literally get to a point where I’m like “I just need to sit down.” Last night we were out for a walk and I had to stop at my moms 2/3rds way though for a rest haha. Could have been because it was 8:30 already but still. I. am. tired.
3. Workouts. After my major ankle issue, it was like this for about 4 weeks and extremely painful for another few and is actually still healing:
I never though I’d get back to solid workouts I felt good about. This injury REALLY REALLY set me back, emotionally and physically. BUT I HAVE! I’m actually more active this pregnancy than I was the last one. My last one I’d do a bit of weights at home and some light workouts but really took it easy, you know go home, jump on your registry watch baby move and go to sleep. Even if my clothes seem to tell me differently. I just keep trying to remind myself I have to tools to be how I want to be… Just be calm and patient, I am growing a baby.
4. With Evan, after my disastrous morning sickness first 17ish weeks (I had both times, yay me!) it was over. I was able to eat super green salads, fresh fruit, and my total clean eats. This time, I’M STILL SICK! Ugh, my tummy really just wants toast, something easy on my tummy. Veggies, are way hit or miss sometimes I’m like “this steamed broccoli tastes amazing” other times, later that day even, I want to GAG looking at it. -_- haha, this is just the way it has been. Other times, I’m just so overwhelmed with nausea I can’t eat anything at all. So. Strange. I still buy super clean but I’ve had way more breads/pasta/whole wheat wraps in my diet then as far back as I can remember. But like with Evan, no real cravings.
5. Preparing for baby. By this time with Evan, I’m pretty sure the nursery was pretty much complete and I had a carseat, and all sorts of stuff. This time, baby is getting spoiled by grandma… and I think my friend Joanna and I are tied on the onesies we have gotten for my baby no-name. haha. I do have some thoughts in mind on how I want to do his nursery, super chill and inspiring, but I better get started!
I know I didn’t love being pregnant with Evan. Don’t get me wrong, I love baby jabs and the warm smiles from people. I do love when my sister or my mom say that I’m a cute prego, even though I feel anything but… But I’m looking forward to the end. I’m looking forward to treating myself to a few new pairs of wonder-unders and a cute pair of riding boots. I look forward to my baby wrapped in the Moby and my sweet Evan hugging my legs.
What I’m working on:
Better focus. This very well might be the last time I’m ever pregnant. IF it is, do I really want to look back and be like “ugh, I was so miserable?” Nope. That is why I bought another dress for work today and why if I want a piece of chocolate I’ll have it. It is why tonight I’ll go on a walk with Evan and Oso, and why I’m going to wrap up this post and clean my house. I’m going to continue to do things that make me happy (clean house = happy camper)…
Being thankful. So far I’ve had a healthy pregnancy. I need to continue to be focused ON THAT. I’m lucky, not all pregnancies are this uneventful.
Happy Sunday!! I hope to be back with some weekly favs❤