Well. This WONDERFUL year is rapidly coming to an end and with it, comes family, friends, food and presents 😉
Shopping for the holidays is usually my favorite. I love figuring out fun gifts for people and fretting over the perfect gift for those more difficult ones (i.e., the hubs). The past two years have been VERY different. In fact, Hector and I just made a mad dash to two stores last night to buy some gifts for little people who won’t want a printed receipt of the last minute gift I ordered online 😉 = Last year I was plagued with AWFUL morning sickness, this year my time is spent at work, attempting to fit in fitness and as much cuddle time with Evan as I can get in.
So today will be a dodge the crowds at a yet-to-be-decided mall. Things I’m looking for? Not sure just yet, I want to get some good deals if possible. This year we are going light on the adults range due to the fact Hector and I are buying a house, and prepping for a slight lifestyle change.
I know some EXCELLENT GIFTS for the exercise fans in the house and I thought I’d share in case you need some last minute ideas.
1. Kick a$$ yoga mat: Manduka
2. A great BPA free water bottle. My favorite is lifefactory for yoga classes.
You can get them online at their site, or amazon or even Whole Foods. Have a new baby in the family? Evan currently LOVES their teethers, here. Water is so important and these great bottles are a great way to get hydrated and save a few plastic water bottles, PLUS they come in fun colors so you can coordinate with your yoga matt 😉 I have a pearl white one so I’m versatile.
[Sorry, I’m still baby-obsessed!]
3. Yoga gear OF COURSE. Cool racer backs or the yogi staple a pair of grove pants from lulu isn’t a bad way to go:
For the runner/Cardio enthusiast:
1. Garmin Forerunner GPS Watch or Polar FT60 Heart rate Monitor:
I hear whispers of a new sports bra by lululemon that comes with a built in chest-strap for the Polar watch 😉 – The Garmin above is crazy small for a GPS watch…
2. Underarmor warmgear – Love love love. Pretty simple.
3. Foam Roller for those tight IT bands 😉
Also a great idea? DVDs I know on my list are some Pilates DVDs because I need to strengthen my core after baby and my best friend would agree Pilates is all about strong cores. My sister is a fan of Zumba (great for all fitness levels) and Insanity (must be fit BEFORE starting, not for beginners).
Gift cards to studios!! There is nothing that would be more welcoming then a giftcard to a heated yoga class CorePower or a Bikram class sound amaze with the cold. Any yogi would love a free class for Christmas 😉
Unfortunately Mr. Fit Wife isn’t really a fitness freak so I like to daydream about things he MIGHT like if he was into fitness, some things include:
Man with a yoga mat? I swoon. (he will get there, someday Mr. Fit Wife still makes me swoon) above is lululemon’s studio pant.
2. A little bit of an investment but TRX is something I’m so excited about and I’d really love this for myself, actually. Lots of studios offer classes which I’d try out before making the investment but still TRX=awesome gift idea for the home without buying bulky machines.
3. An introduction to Crossfit. This is also something you can give to girls ❤ But heavy lifting and crazy workouts are great for a guy in your life too.
Gifting entries to races is also a fun idea! My sister bought me entry to the hot chocolate this year for my birthday, and I was VERY EXCITED about it, to say the least 😉
Any fitness things you want to see under the tree this year? Wish us luck on our shopping endeavors 🙂