friday is here! Friday is HERE!!!!
Did you know? Probably. Today was nuts. A blink and your workday is done, kind of nuts. It was so many things good, not so good (Sorry Bill!) and a I get to spend two days of awesomeness with these dudes:
My life is exactly where it needs to be. Completely chaotic but full of love and life. Somehow my love and o still figure out time to do home projects!
At night and in the dark. 😉
Friday is here, literally smiling ear to ear.
I love us 😍😘
1. I’m obsessed with the Sia album. Listening to it now. 🎶🎧
2. Going out of town with my littlest love soon, and have anxiety over it. It will be such a good experience but they have SO MUCH STUFF.
3. Hector and I haven’t been out alone overnight since our honeymoon. I see white sand beaches and waves in our future 🌊🌞
4. I’m obsessed with Ashley Horner. She is such a badass and proves that you can be kickass with strechies. The best battle scars ever. Mine are so minimal but it’s no secret I was devastated over them. Every day my core gets stronger and they fade they grow on me.
We get one body. Gotta own it. #ashlete
5. Owning my goals. Huge for me right now. My days are filled with work, mom duties, wife duties and trying to be the best I can be. I want my kiddos to be proud of me. That said, my goal is to rock a bikini feeling badass by my birthday. It’s out there now. My first progress picture:
6. Michael will be six months in about a week so I’m prepping for solids:
Note: anything labeled baby is immediately priced at a premium. Glass mason jars 9 bucks for 12.
7. Loving Lush Ultra Bland right now. My face thanks me every night.
8. 6 months exclusive breastfeeding. So proud of us and thankful for my love to hate relationship with my pump:
9. My other woman crush? Joanna Gaines. I love her style, her devotion to her family, and her IG.
10. Baby wearing, bob and dinosaurs:
my goal in life is to inspire. Why? Likely because I think people are amazing. I think the world is filled with overwhelming beautiful things and people and we too often let darkness cloud the light. I’m totally totally guilty of this. But these guys bring me back to the beauty in .3 seconds.
Media is so incredibly powerful. I’m so out of tune with it because since having my boys I’m incredibly sensitive to life. I cry at beauty. Cry at pain. I feel so intensely everything around me. I love being in touch with those feelings but they also terrify me. Anxiety? Sure. But it’s making me a better person. Being emotional is not a bad thing. It drives me to do push-ups and pull ups when I’d rather be sleeping. It drives me to smile vs pout. It drives me to give hugs to Evans tantrums over throwing my hands up and yelling.
We only get one shot at life. My advice is simple: do what makes you happy, drop people who make you feel anything but awesome, stop and soak up the vitamin D, thank God for everything, love hard, be grateful, listen to good music, and find your happy place… Go there often. Treat your body like your most prized possession because its yours and it does wonderus things. Bad days happen. Push past it. Own your life.
I’m still figuring out things everyday but everyday I’m grateful and smile and my boys are healthy and happy and safe. I’m winning. The best things in life really are free. My sister asked Evan “Evan would you save Micheal from a skunk? “
Evan: “uh huh. And ghosts and monsters and dinosaurs”
My heart. My soul. I’m so proud of you.
You are my everything.
Oh and do yoga folks #lifechanges #namaste
I am a morning person. I wasn’t always for some reason in college and high school I thought it was cool to be a night owl. So not cool (for me, I’m so unproductive in the pm). I’ve definitely switched up and enjoy early mornings. It’s nice to see warmer weather because I’m hoping it will motivate early runs with my favorite bear-Oso. We both can use the stretch.
My best mornings have the following highlights:
Breakfast in a mason jar usually to go:
Coffee a plenty.
Warm lemon water.
Stretches on my Mat, some ab work and attempts at pull-ups. Flashback to my skinny self pumping them out NBD right now I’m working my way back.
Folding at least half a basket of laundry.
Snuggles with my littles:
Putting a preped lunch in my bag with a cooler for my liquid gold.
Pumping sesh before work.
Frantic panic to find keys, run to my car, get to the train station.
Phone call to my mom.
1. I love to read but it’s the first thing that gets cut from my crazy days. #reprioritize
2. My favorite smoothie is still: spinach, celery, lemon, banana, pineapple, Cheyenne pepper 😍 in my life factory bottle, please:
3. I’m self diagnosed seasonally depressed. I get soooo blue after the holidays and wish the weather warm during the coldest time in Chicago.
4. I’m a lululemon addict. I have a problem I check my app 100x a week put things in the cart, take things out, put things in, take things out. That said I’m a workout clothing addict, actually. But LOTS of lulu
5. I walk into the Gap for me, walk out with something for Hector and lots of things for the boys… Nothing for me. I blame sales.
6. I’m an Amazon prime member, their app is the devil. 😈 I mean I love my fedex angel. 😇
7. I have the biggest crush on Dr Reed. Can I have his brain? He can read a whole 1000 page book in 5 minutes #lovetheNerds
8. I love lifting. And tell myself I love running although the thoughts when I run are too often “why do I tell people I love this? This sucks. One foot in front of the other. What an awful song. Why won’t my earbuds stay in. Why do I feel so uncoordinated” I get through the run and feel so good… That’s it. That high, that I did good feeling. That’s why I run.
9. I treat myself when I hit fit peaks. I set small goals and treat myself accordingly (excuse to finally buy something waiting in the lulu cart).
10. I’m madly in love with my husband.
Today has been:
I hussled to work early, to leave early but you know how that story goes. The best laid plans, if you will.
My mind is racing over my to do list and as I try to keep calm on this incredibly warm ride (is the HEAT on?) I also have this anxiety that I need to get home to my boys hashtag i always feel guilty being away.
Babies don’t stay babies. I hope they know that everyday is a struggle being away.
I hope to write more on depression in upcoming blogs. Not to be a downer or even realistic which is so me but to bring awareness to the normalcy of it and the huge problem I think it is across women… Especially mothers and mothers to be. More on that later. For now I’m going to close this out an be thankful it gave me several minutes of mental focus on the task at hand-typing a blog. Boom.
Not going for quality or quantity I’m working on habits right now and that habit is utilizing the nice new wordpress app, great for on the go! Thanks guys! Excuse me I’m off to jump in puddles and sing in the rain!
Today is the day I told one of my bests she was going to have her baby. I’m terrible at those things but it’s my prediction. Sorry Joanna, I’m likely wrong. Lol
I love my boys, all of them. Hector, Oso, Evan and sweet MAV.
Thursday’s are the only day I look forward to in the TV space. So much on Thursdays.
I need to up my photography skills.
My inner thighs kill. #sweetsoreness
Sorta obessed with Pilates lately. My bff Nicole would be proud. Working on my skills, bringing back old school mat work… I feel like I’m in HS again.
It’s pretty gloomy outside.
Back with randoms later.