This year I am thankful for so much – We celebrated in our new home for the first time… We came, we ate, we destroyed – and all were merry. Please join me on my 20 things I’m thankful for/turkey day recap. Ready. Go!:
1. Hector, Evan and Oso – My daily dudes. I’m in a home with a bunch of boys and I love every second of it:
Our best family photo (minus Oso, can you imagine?)
Ah, be still my heart.
2. Family – Turkey day was spent with the people we love most! The Villa’s and the Mattes’ unite! haha – We have such a fun family dynamic, I really am such a lucky girl:
3. Friends. I honestly have hit the friend jackpot. I’ve said it before and I cannot say it enough – I have the best friends. I love them, we can not talk for days, weeks but if I need to chat, they are there. I have a good mix of friends and I’m so lucky for all of them. I’d like to think they know that! I’d go to the ends of the earth for them all and this year I added some special work friends. I’m surrounded by awesome people. Again, thankful, lucky girl right here.
4. Music – I LOVE Christmas music and it makes its way into our lives right around turkey day time. I love Pandora, itunes, and the good old fashion car radio… My workouts would never be as amazing they are without it. :D
5. My job.
6. Coffee, green tea (and all my other teas, I’m the tea lady at work)
7. My yoga mats. These things save my sanity.
8. My running shoes that haven’t been used nearly as much as they should.
9. My home – our first Thanksgiving here!
10. Fresh flowers, fresh herbs. Nothing is more homey than fluers and herbs. I love that I’ve been able to sorta keep my herbs alive and use them in my awesome home cooked meals:
11. Food. I’m thankful that we are able to provide food for our family and teach Evan healthy habits. Turkey day here was filled with awesome ingredients. Some indulgent treats and healthy eats. Many fresh veggies and some awesome pies and fresh whipped cream:
12. Grandma’s china and silver. Hector and I never bought our own china and silver but my grandma gave me her sets and I’m so crazy thankful for these beautiful pieces that made their first appearance at our first thanksgiving here at this house, they were special to her dinners many many years ago and are being well loved and used once again:
13. Cranberry pomegranate sauce. I literally made it twice (pictured above in the mason jar). Soooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!
14. My Camera. Even though I’m in the market for a new one, I’m so grateful for the camera and all the memory cards I hoard. I cannot delete them and reuse, once they are full I buy a new one haha. I’ve been able to capture so much with my camera and love playing with it. I really should treat myself to a class.
15. Our health. I’m so blessed to have a healthy happy family. I cannot thank God enough for that.
16. The Train. I LOVE never having to deal with traffic. My train rides to work are short, sweet and awesome I don’t mind them one bit:
17. Instagram. What?! Without it I wouldn’t have the filtered pictures above.
18. Aden and Anais blankets – This may be something strange to add but Evan loves these things and so do I the Dream blankets (below, but their swaddlers are amazing and he still loves those too!) are the best and will make a great gift. I will always recommend these products! They are awesome!! Evan has been wrapped or has wrapped himself in one of these everyday of his life so far:
19. My husband. I know that I mentioned him above but he means so much to me he deserves a double post. He is the most genuine, loving, wonderful person I have ever met. I’m so lucky that I get to share my whole life with him. He is gentle, kind and thoughtful – charming, my opposite, my balance, my peace. I love him with all that I have.
Did I mention he is the most wonderful father? Oh yeah, well he is. Insert “heart eyes emogyi”
20. Me. Blogging and forcing myself to get memories down, holding myself accountable for eating clean, working out, being a good mom, employee, wife, daughter, sister and person. Thanks for following our journey!