friday is here! Friday is HERE!!!!
Did you know? Probably. Today was nuts. A blink and your workday is done, kind of nuts. It was so many things good, not so good (Sorry Bill!) and a I get to spend two days of awesomeness with these dudes:
My life is exactly where it needs to be. Completely chaotic but full of love and life. Somehow my love and o still figure out time to do home projects!
At night and in the dark. 😉
Friday is here, literally smiling ear to ear.
I love us 😍😘
Today you are 6 months. It’s amazing how much you have already contributed to the happiness of our family. God knew we needed you in our lives and I feel so proud to be your momma. You are my amazing baby! You are the light of our lives. Your brother absolutely adores you and you make me cry happy tears. You are daddy’s mini me and I’m reminded of that fact daily.
You love to smile and you soak in all around you. You are super content until you are hungry. You sleep really well most evenings it’s funny because nap time with you is impossible you are such a lite sleeper during the day but at night around 8 you really disconnect and fall into a deep peaceful sleep where I just cuddle close next to you and just soak up being near you.
You are a nursing champion, and a bottle guru. Just like Evan you are pretty much over the pacifier at 6 months. You have sooooo many parallels of your brother it’s hard not to compare you two. I knew he set a super high bar but so far you are just as amazing as he was and I fee so incredibly lucky. You want to be in the Moby or Ergo or in someone’s arms and I’m always happy to oblige:
We have tried to give you banana and avacado and you aren’t completely ready just yet. You push it out of your mouth but we will slowly introduce you to solids now that you are 6 months.
You are getting ready for your first trip! Momma has a work trip and Auntie Nicole is tagging along with you bc God knows I’m not prepared to be away from my little man for 3 nights!
You smile with your eyes! You giggle and babble and are fascinated by so many things. I’m blown away by your coordination. You are so smooth and calculated and you can roll all over the place. If I ever put you down you could scoot around. Not crawling yet but that’s probably my fault for always putting you in someone’s arms. I’m in denial that you are 6 months. I never thought it was possible for time to speed up. But right when I think that, it does.
Back with some fancy pictures soon, time to eat some tacos and snuggle with you little love. happy half birthday to you!!
1. I’m obsessed with the Sia album. Listening to it now. 🎶🎧
2. Going out of town with my littlest love soon, and have anxiety over it. It will be such a good experience but they have SO MUCH STUFF.
3. Hector and I haven’t been out alone overnight since our honeymoon. I see white sand beaches and waves in our future 🌊🌞
4. I’m obsessed with Ashley Horner. She is such a badass and proves that you can be kickass with strechies. The best battle scars ever. Mine are so minimal but it’s no secret I was devastated over them. Every day my core gets stronger and they fade they grow on me.
We get one body. Gotta own it. #ashlete
5. Owning my goals. Huge for me right now. My days are filled with work, mom duties, wife duties and trying to be the best I can be. I want my kiddos to be proud of me. That said, my goal is to rock a bikini feeling badass by my birthday. It’s out there now. My first progress picture:
6. Michael will be six months in about a week so I’m prepping for solids:
Note: anything labeled baby is immediately priced at a premium. Glass mason jars 9 bucks for 12.
7. Loving Lush Ultra Bland right now. My face thanks me every night.
8. 6 months exclusive breastfeeding. So proud of us and thankful for my love to hate relationship with my pump:
9. My other woman crush? Joanna Gaines. I love her style, her devotion to her family, and her IG.
10. Baby wearing, bob and dinosaurs:
my goal in life is to inspire. Why? Likely because I think people are amazing. I think the world is filled with overwhelming beautiful things and people and we too often let darkness cloud the light. I’m totally totally guilty of this. But these guys bring me back to the beauty in .3 seconds.
Media is so incredibly powerful. I’m so out of tune with it because since having my boys I’m incredibly sensitive to life. I cry at beauty. Cry at pain. I feel so intensely everything around me. I love being in touch with those feelings but they also terrify me. Anxiety? Sure. But it’s making me a better person. Being emotional is not a bad thing. It drives me to do push-ups and pull ups when I’d rather be sleeping. It drives me to smile vs pout. It drives me to give hugs to Evans tantrums over throwing my hands up and yelling.
We only get one shot at life. My advice is simple: do what makes you happy, drop people who make you feel anything but awesome, stop and soak up the vitamin D, thank God for everything, love hard, be grateful, listen to good music, and find your happy place… Go there often. Treat your body like your most prized possession because its yours and it does wonderus things. Bad days happen. Push past it. Own your life.
I’m still figuring out things everyday but everyday I’m grateful and smile and my boys are healthy and happy and safe. I’m winning. The best things in life really are free. My sister asked Evan “Evan would you save Micheal from a skunk? “
Evan: “uh huh. And ghosts and monsters and dinosaurs”
My heart. My soul. I’m so proud of you.
You are my everything.
Oh and do yoga folks #lifechanges #namaste
I am a morning person. I wasn’t always for some reason in college and high school I thought it was cool to be a night owl. So not cool (for me, I’m so unproductive in the pm). I’ve definitely switched up and enjoy early mornings. It’s nice to see warmer weather because I’m hoping it will motivate early runs with my favorite bear-Oso. We both can use the stretch.
My best mornings have the following highlights:
Breakfast in a mason jar usually to go:
Coffee a plenty.
Warm lemon water.
Stretches on my Mat, some ab work and attempts at pull-ups. Flashback to my skinny self pumping them out NBD right now I’m working my way back.
Folding at least half a basket of laundry.
Snuggles with my littles:
Putting a preped lunch in my bag with a cooler for my liquid gold.
Pumping sesh before work.
Frantic panic to find keys, run to my car, get to the train station.
Phone call to my mom.
1. I love to read but it’s the first thing that gets cut from my crazy days. #reprioritize
2. My favorite smoothie is still: spinach, celery, lemon, banana, pineapple, Cheyenne pepper 😍 in my life factory bottle, please:
3. I’m self diagnosed seasonally depressed. I get soooo blue after the holidays and wish the weather warm during the coldest time in Chicago.
4. I’m a lululemon addict. I have a problem I check my app 100x a week put things in the cart, take things out, put things in, take things out. That said I’m a workout clothing addict, actually. But LOTS of lulu
5. I walk into the Gap for me, walk out with something for Hector and lots of things for the boys… Nothing for me. I blame sales.
6. I’m an Amazon prime member, their app is the devil. 😈 I mean I love my fedex angel. 😇
7. I have the biggest crush on Dr Reed. Can I have his brain? He can read a whole 1000 page book in 5 minutes #lovetheNerds
8. I love lifting. And tell myself I love running although the thoughts when I run are too often “why do I tell people I love this? This sucks. One foot in front of the other. What an awful song. Why won’t my earbuds stay in. Why do I feel so uncoordinated” I get through the run and feel so good… That’s it. That high, that I did good feeling. That’s why I run.
9. I treat myself when I hit fit peaks. I set small goals and treat myself accordingly (excuse to finally buy something waiting in the lulu cart).
10. I’m madly in love with my husband.
Spring is in the air! No joke yesterday was nuts weather wise. Thunderstorms, tornados and of course rain (and warmth!). The grass is green!!! Unreal. Literally came to life overnight. (Prayers to the people affected by yesterday’s severe weather).
I may be being overzealous but:
Just wearing a zip up hoodie! How free! Yet I’m slightly cold, ha. But we are so close. This weather gets me excited for race season.
Friday’s fitness plans are in suspense but my goal is a hot yoga sesh and some heavy lifting at home. My legs are still jelloish from Wednesday’s WOD #embracetheburn.
Something else on my fitness related friday agenda is cleaning up my playlist. Running is funny for me. We fall in and out of love, as a mom sometimes the silence of a run is refreshing. The sound of my feet hitting the pavement is oddly soothing and relaxing sometimes but nothing beats a killer playlist.
Currently listening to;
And wanting some demin goodies. Britney always gets me going 🙌 hashtag 90s.
Love and light y’all also can we take a moment to thank the lulu gods for thumb holes: